WhatPulse Forums » Community » General Discussion v » Anyone here like writing or poetry? Welcome back, Guest.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Anyone here like writing or poetry?
01-13-2013, 08:46 PM
Information Anyone here like writing or poetry?
Just wondering if I'm the only writer here. Tell me what sort of stuff you write, or if you have a blog. Thanks!
I like short poetry, short stories, and Western novels personally. I have a blog. It's a nice way to pass the time and (maybe...) get famous.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-14-2013, 04:55 AM
RE: Anyone here like writing or poetry?
I write fantasy stuff as well as Role Play as a were-wolf :3.

"Death is an end result given to you at birth"
"Come with me into this wild abyss and you shall never return"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-21-2013, 05:42 PM
(01-14-2013 04:55 AM)Shawchert Wrote:  I write fantasy stuff as well as Role Play as a were-wolf :3.

That's cool. Get anything published? It's pretty easy nowadays. I find the hardest part of writing is length. Usually I run into a wall after 150 or so pages.
01-21-2013, 08:03 PM
I have nothing published, I have been rewriting a book I have been working on for about 13 years now over and over and have not been satisfied with it lol.

"Death is an end result given to you at birth"
"Come with me into this wild abyss and you shall never return"
01-23-2013, 10:12 AM
I maintain a blog about rational thinking and skeptical inquiry. I'm currently writing a long article against religion as inspired by Hitchens. Might go to 50 pages, which is a lot for a random college dude like me.
02-04-2013, 10:19 PM
I write the occasional poem/song, though I could never get interested in adhering to the "rules" like poetic metre, form, rhythm or singing in tune. The last one I posted was Post-Traumatic Stress.

I have a couple of ideas for short stories. I haven't made much progress, but I had to start writing just to get the ideas out of my head! I did write this short thing in 2007.

[Image: 152857.jpg]
02-05-2013, 11:08 AM
I write reviews of computer hardware for a big website. Churn out 10000-15000 words a week. Bit hard to write creatively when you test 8 products in a row which are basically the same, and I suffer from writer's block a fair bit, usually at least one week of the month anyway.
02-05-2013, 01:09 PM
I am really interested in sci-fi and fantasy writing. I have a few ideas for books which I am working on right now. I am in the planning stages for all of them, but I was thinking about starting a blog to release new chapters when they are ready. I'm kind of on the fence about that since the blog might hurt sales if I do get them published.

My favorite one right now is about time travel and is entitled "If You Could Do It Again".