WhatPulse Forums » Community » General Discussion v » *rage* Welcome back, Guest.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
*rage*
04-20-2012, 05:11 PM
*rage*
So, I have had writer's block for the last several months and have not been able to write anything worth anything.

Last night I get a sudden surge of idea and I sit down and start clacking away at my keyboard relentlessly.

When I finally finish, hours later it occurs to me to see how many keys I have types.

Oh wait, whatpulse isn't open. >.<

I typed 44,712 characters, so I'd imagine maybe 5-10% more keystrokes for typos and general on-the-spot corrections. Considering I only average about 10k keystrokes per day, that would have been a pretty good amount for me.

Silly Tozzi, silly Tozzi.

How often do the rest of you do things like this?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-20-2012, 06:05 PM
*rage*
I don't mean to laugh but,,, hahaha that sucks Wink If I had to guess it's happened to QUITE a few people myself included a few times Big Grin
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-21-2012, 04:32 AM
*rage*
Arglebargle -- I've been there so many times, it's not funny!!! D:

[Image: XKalSig1.png]
04-23-2012, 03:24 PM
*rage*
I also know of people personally who have lost quite a bit more than that due to 'saving up' their keystrokes and getting an invalid token.

But for some reason that wouldn't bother me nearly as bad, since I could blame it on the program and not on the own incompetence.
04-23-2012, 08:58 PM
*rage*
Tozzi Wrote:I also know of people personally who have lost quite a bit more than that due to 'saving up' their keystrokes and getting an invalid token.

But for some reason that wouldn't bother me nearly as bad, since I could blame it on the program and not on the own incompetence.

Well... incompetence or otherwise, it's *still* frustrating! One thing we've tried to make sure is that the number of invalid tokens, corrupt files, etc. that cause users to loes stats is kept to a minimum. But... just like saving your essay periodically so you don't lose everything, you've gotta pulse to keep your losses there to a minimum. And sometimes I forget that, too. I hold my breath whenever I pulse over 200k, for example -- it takes soooo long to get that many keys pulled together! :o

04-23-2012, 10:07 PM
*rage*
We need a version of WhatPulse, say 1.7.8.3.3.4.435345.45.3 that doesn't let people save up keystrokes if they're connected to a network, and if they aren't connected then it just annoys them until they connect.

That would make everyone happy until it's fixed properly ^_^
04-24-2012, 12:25 AM
*rage*
Yes, RAGE MOAR.
04-24-2012, 01:53 AM
*rage*
bobL Wrote:We need a version of WhatPulse, say 1.7.8.3.3.4.435345.45.3 that doesn't let people save up keystrokes if they're connected to a network, and if they aren't connected then it just annoys them until they connect.

That would make everyone happy until it's fixed properly ^_^

Can we add a feature that slaps bobL silly? :o Wink